Public Library Community Announcement
Realizing how much our community depends on library services, library staff immediately began to develop plans to continue to provide as many library services as possible. Technology affords us the ability to continue to serve you.
Here’s the plan:
• Citizens with remote computer access may continue to use the library’s online services, which include online databases and the ebook collection. The Ask a Librarian Service will continue to be available to assist patrons with reference questions.
• The library will provide a computer lab for public use at the John H. Hale Community Park located at 215 Northeast Duval Street in Live Oak. This service will be offered to the public starting Monday, July 16 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Citizens may also register for library cards at this location.
• The library’s Summer Reading Program activities will be presented at the Suwannee Elementary School, the library’s next door neighbor, located at 1747 Ohio Ave. S., Live Oak. The library youth services staff will continue to provide outreach services to children.
• Library patrons may continue to place holds on books. Please note that there will be a delay in delivery if the pick up location is the Live Oak Public Library. You may select one of our other seven libraries as your pick-up point.
• All telephone service is operational. The general public may continue to contact us by calling 386-362-2317. Please call 386-362-5779 with administrative inquires.
Additional information regarding services are available on the library’s website at http://www.neflin.org/srrl/.
Thank you for your concerns, patience and support during this time.
Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries, Suwannee River Regional Library System.